Coffee - Craft Brew Beer - Wine and the Best Live Music around....

Coffee - Craft Brew Beer - Wine and the Best Live Music around....
123 East Main - Eaton, OH 45320

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Lives we live . . .

As gasoline prices keep on climbing as if there is no limit, most of us learn to understand how this impacts all of us. No, I don't want to talk about the gas prices I leave this up to the political and economic process . . . . But it does raise an infinite awareness of how things work together and helps us to understand how all things are connected.

When we grow up, we are taught, that if we do the right "thing" (if we take the right action, etc), our life will be good and we will be able to succeed (whatever that means) and we will be able to enjoy the gifts life has to offer.

But, . . . is that really so?

The older I get, and the more people I have gotten to know I realize that my life depends more and more on them . . . their actions and their understanding of the 'truth' then on my actions!

In fact come to think of it 80% of our life depends on circumstances that others create for you and me, other peoples behaviors and actions, etc. (you lose your job, your spouse leaves you, your child resends you . . . you get the idea) Quite contrary what most of us have been taught, we are not the master of our life.

This sometimes leads us to wonder, to live puzzled, encounter hurt and of course to rejoice.

So, knowing this I wonder if we could realize that for most of us "truth" remains a subjective matter. Truth is based upon our experiences, our fears and our geo-political environment. If my last sentence holds true, then we could make an effort to look at our neighbor(s) and contribute to the joy of his/her moment and make life what it was meant to be.

I know many people who have done so in my life and I call them friends. Some of them will never know how they changed my life.

Come and join that process! By knowing that you hold the power of change and perception in someone else's life is reason enough to recognize that WE (not I) are the master of this life!

No comments: